Water damage is the most common problem worldwide when considering the damage the Scary report says “Approximately 40 percent people heavily lost because of water damage” fortunately 93 percent of all water damage can be recovered.
Another, eyes opener fact about water damage is that this is the second most frequently filed insurance claim in the United States.
Can you believe that? You have to.
Although, you have to check your insurance policy before claiming because an insurance policy may or may not cover the costs associated with water damage and the process of water damage restoration.
When the damage at home or in the office, here is internal (Frozen pipes, Leaking pipes, Leaky roof, broken washing machine hose, Plumbing problems, and insulations issues).
And external reasons (flood or overflowing river, tsunami, mudslide, or even heavy rains) the internal cause can repair before the water attack, but a human has no more control over the external attack.
The Ignite fire was also a major reason for the damage, because of fire burst the water supply pipes or machines.
The damage can be slow and minor, and the water spots are an example, it is highly recommended not to skip such small signs of damage, even the water spots can cause mar a surface or flooding or the loss of property.
A few other, water damage small causes are below:
- Broken dishwasher hose
- Washing machine overflow.
- Leakage of dishwasher.
- Pipes leaking or broken, and
- Clogged the toilets.
Water damage mitigation can be the solution
Now, what is this water damage mitigation?
It is the process of reducing the risk of damage by preventing water damage that happens in case of flooding or leakage, or in case of plumbing failures.
Water Damage Categories
All water damages are not similar; it is categories into three categories:
- Category 1 or clean water: It refers when the water is not threatening to human for example, of water supply lines leaking, if the tub or sink overflow etc.
- Category 2 Water –It means that the water resources contain chemicals, biological wastage contaminants that can be the cause of health threaten for human. For example the washing machines or the dishwashers’ water discharge, has the chemicals, Toilet cleaner as well, these types of water is called the “gray water”.
- Category 3 Water: Refers as “Black Water” as the Horror name, it is harmful for health, because of contains harmful bacteria and fungi, that able to make human sick or severe discomfort. Resource affects the indoor environment heavily, and the “sewage, seawater, rivers is the best example of such resources.