How to block a phone number
How to block a phone number, Telephone spam, ie unwanted calls can cause a lot of inconveniences. If you do not want to receive calls and messages from certain numbers,
you can simply block them by adding to the so-called. black list. Prostobank.ua will tell you how to block a phone number correctly.
How to block a phone number on Android (Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.)
All Android smartphone manufacturers have the ability to block unwanted contacts. The sequence of actions for adding a subscriber to the “black list” may differ slightly, however, the result will always be the same: you will forget about telephone spam and about the subscriber you do not want to hear.
To blacklist a number on stock Android in a 1st way, you need to:
- open settings
- Go to “Call Log”
- Press the number of an unwanted contact
- Select the “Block/report spam” option
- In the window that appears, check/uncheck “Report call as spam” and click “Block”.
To blacklist a number on stock Android in a 2nd way, you need to:
- Go to “Settings” on the phone
- Select the “Call blocking” section
- Click on the “Add Number” button.
The functionality of this section also allows you to unblock those numbers that are on your “black list”.
How to block a phone number on Samsung
To blacklist phone numbers on Samsung, you need to:
- Go to the smartphone phone book
- Select the contact you want to block and press the “Options” button (upper right corner)
- Select “Add to Blacklist”.
To make more changes or remove from the block list, you need to go to “Options” / “Call Settings” / “Call Blocking” and click “Block List”.
How to block a phone number on Huawei
To block a contact:
- Open “Contacts”
- Select the profile of the subscriber whose number you want to block
- Click on the “More” button and select the “Blacklist” option.
How to block a phone number on Xiaomi
The sequence of actions for adding a number to the “black list” is as follows:
- Open the “Security” menu
- Go to the “Blacklist” tab
- Click on the “Settings” button
- Activate the item “Enable blocking”
- Select “Black List Numbers” and add the numbers of annoying callers.
It must be remembered that the previously mentioned methods of blocking numbers by adding them to the “black list” on smartphones running Android may differ slightly depending on the firmware version.