Farmers Insurance was founded in 1928 by John C. Tyler and Thomas E. Leavey in downtown Los Angeles, California. Over the years, Farmers has steadily expanded to become the third largest private insurance carrier in the United States. Farmers offer its customers a variety of reliable insurance services, including: Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Renters Insurance, Rental Property Insurance, Life Insurance, Business Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Recreational Insurance, and Insurance, in general, to give a few examples.
Farmers Insurance remains one of the most popular insurance companies in the country. So if you’ve been in a personal injury accident, chances are the party that caused your accident has a Farmers insurance policy. If the party that through negligence and carelessness caused your accident and your personal injuries, you may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit. You have already filed your claim or are currently considering filing one, you are probably asking yourself some of the following questions:
- How long does Farmers Insurance take to resolve a case?
- How long does it take for Farmers Insurance to mail a settlement check?
- What factors affect how long Farmers Insurance takes to resolve a case?
- How long does it take Farmers Insurance to process a personal injury claim?
If you need answers to these questions, you should seek legal help as soon as possible. Normandie Law Firm is a personal injury law firm with experience handling claims against some of the most well-known insurance companies in the country, including Farmers Insurance. Our attorneys have many years of experience successfully settling many different types of personal injury claims. If you would like more information on the amount of time it takes for Farmers to settle an accident claim, please contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Why does the deadline for reaching an agreement matter?
How long does Farmers Insurance take to resolve a case? How long does it take Farmers Insurance to mail a settlement check? Why does this matter? Why is the timing of an injury settlement with Farmers Insurance so important? Any victim or surviving family member suddenly facing financial hardship caused by a personal injury accident. May be anxious to settle and receive compensation for their claim. At our law firm, our attorneys are dedicate to fighting for your right to recover the maximum amount of compensation. While constantly working to reach your settlement as quickly as possible. If you want more information about how long it might take to reach a settlement. Contact the attorneys at Normandie Law Firm right away.
The Process for Resolving Your Personal Injury Claim
How long does Farmers Insurance take to settle a claim? What must happen before a personal injury claim is settle and claimants recover the compensation they deserve? Before your personal injury claim against Farmers can be settle favorably, all of the following must happen:
- The victim must have completed their medical treatment or have reached a level of maximum recovery for the different injuries sustained in the accident. If medical treatment has not been complete, a medical expert should assess the victim’s situation and estimate projected medical costs.
- The attorney handling your claim must gather the documents that support your claim. Some examples of these documents include medical bills, proof of lost wages, proof of property damage, etc.
- The attorney handling your claim must create a claim package to submit to Farmers Insurance.
- It must investigate everything presented in the claim package.
- Farmers Insurance must respond to the lawsuit with a settlement offer.
- If the initial settlement offer is unreasonable, the attorney must respond with a counter offer.
- The attorney handling your claim and the insurance company must continue to negotiate until an agree settlement offer is reach.
- The claimant must sign a settlement permission form before Farmers Insurance will mail the check.
- The attorney and claimant must approve the check with signatures to allow the check to be deposited into a special account.
- The attorney must calculate the costs and legal fees, liens, medical bills, or other expenses that must be paid. The client will receive the remaining balance of their resolution check.
If all of the above is done quickly, your claim could be settled sooner than you expect. Of course, neither you nor your attorney has control over how long it takes insurance companies to investigate, negotiate, or mail a check. But a competent attorney will make sure to constantly follow up with insurance adjusters to ensure your claim remains a top priority.
It is also important that you are always available to do your part. Such as doing your best to complete your medical treatment promptly (ie, never missing or rescheduling important appointments). You should also always be available to sign important documents, such as the settlement statement. To learn more about everything that could affect the time it takes to resolve your claim. Contact our law firm as soon as possible.